Wednesday, August 29, 2007

veg potstickers

Now I totally know why they are called potstickers! Ha!

I modded the recipe from: http://www.recipezaar.com/32783

I used plain ole mushrooms of the button variety. Some cabbage I shredded myself. Carrots. I loved the sesame oil flavor and didn't want to overpower things with cilantro. I clearly did NOT use onions...why??? oh because they are evil and banned from my kitchen (unless you are Jen). I also used fresh garlic, but didn't have fresh ginger so it was the powdery stuff for me.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It was really fun making these. My kitchen got trashed, but oh! I loved every minute of it. When I finally got it right (with the leftovers the next day) it was soooo worth the wait.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I served them with a sprinkling of sesame seeds and some spicy red sauce and a drizzle of soy. YUM YUM YUM!! I forgot to get a photo of the end result, so here is some polenta for your viewing pleasure.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: