Thursday, August 2, 2007

chickpea soup

I wanted to use my garbanzo beans, so I created this little soup:


Here's what I used:

1 serano pepper
2 cloves garlic
Bragg's amino's
1 medium zucchinni
a handful of frozen cauliflower
a can of chickpeas
a small can of tomato sauce
onion powder
tumeric

What I did:
Tossed the chopped garlic, pepper and zucchini into my skillet. I cooked them with some Bragg's.

In another pan I made my veggie stock from cubes. I added the chickpeas to cook. Shredded the last bit of zucchini and added it, along with a handful of cauliflower.

When my garlic was browned a tad, I sprinkled tumeric and onion powder over the mixure. Then I added the contents of the skillet to the soup.

I let this simmer until the chickpeas were soft. Added the tomato sauce.

I had plans to serve it over polenta, but it turned out more like soup than stew. The flavor was good, but next time I'll add another pepper. I really like the sweet of the zucchini with the spices of the soup.

No comments: