Saturday, August 4, 2007

no soy lasagna

I saw somewhere that someone had used zucchini for noodles in their lasagna. Brilliant!

For me, it's all about the sauce.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A friend had given me some fresh basil and oregano from her garden. When I was in Italy I could not get over how deliciously simple the tomato-based recipes were. I used extra basil - the other spices, just a dash.

- 2 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- fresh basil
- fresh oregano
- dash of cayenne
- salt, pepper
- water
- onion powder

I fried up the garlic and added the tomato sauce and spices. I let it simmer while I started cutting up the veggies.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Next I chopped:
- 1 zucchini lengthwise
- mushrooms
- black olives
- some red & orange peppers I had left over
- parsley
- spinach

I placed the zucchini "noodles" in the pan. Added the mushrooms, black olives, red peppers, and sauce. Layered the rest of the zucchini "noodles" with a dash more black olives, spinach, sauce and topped it with a spritz of parsley to make it pretty.

Cooked at 400 for 20 minutes with foil and 10 without.

Voila! I found this to be quite yummier than expected, though it's not the prettiest dish ever.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Gary said...

Yummy food (and photos).

INteresting blog... thanks.